Do you still have to buy gifts for Christmas? Well, here are some eco-gift ideas for last minute runners such as me:
- Give a service instead of a product (dinner, massage, theater or cinema tickets, etc.).
- How about a giving a basket with organic products? Google the options in your town!
- Treat your family and friends with something made by yourself (cookies, chocolates, a collection of songs on CD, or if you are more skilled, artisanal pillows, home-made protective case for smartphone or HD, etc.).
- If buying something will make you feel safer, value handmade objects
- Avoid malls – you’ll make a good for you and the planet. Buy your gifts and souveniers in local fairs and markets.
- Pack your gifts in an environmentally correct manner: use your creativity and reused tapes, paper magazine, newspaper, or cloth. … The possibilites are endless! We will give some hints on packaging soon!
Photo: jimmiehomeschoolmom / Creative Commons