Do you know those days when you wake up willing to put the wardrobe down, to throw water and soap in the kitchen, to remove all the spiderwebs of the corners? It’s such a feeling of renewal that I talked about in the last post.
Nothing better than cleaning the spaces to fill us with courage and inspiration for a happier new year!
As I woke up today with this feeling, I’ll make a series of posts with some tips for you.
First of all the tips:
Plan it (and not rely on super powers) – We tend to underestimate the time needed to complete the tasks. It is a weakness of our generation. Then we get frustrated by not realizing everything we wanted. So, think twice. One step at a time. Do you have all day to devote to cleaning? Or just want a light cleaning? Perhaps you could divide the cleaning into days: one day you remove the dust and mop the floors, another day you give that neat clean in the kitchen, on the other day you leave the bathrooms shining.
Let’s start with the basic cleaning, which may be your weekly cleaning routine:
You will need:
– basket or box to collect the mess
– homemade disinfectant: 3 parts of water, 1 part of vinegar, 1 part of baking soda and a few drops of natural essence of your choice (lemon, eucalyptus and lavender essences are also disinfectants!)
– sponge and old toothbrush to clean the bathroom
– a cloth to remove dust, 2 bathroom cleaning rags
– mop and broom
1. Take the basket to go collecting in each room what is out of place. At the end of the cleaning you move back placing each object in its proper space.
2. Spread the momemade disinfectant on the surface of the toilet seats and sinks.
3. Remove dust from surfaces with a slightly damp cloth. I suggest wearing socks and old shirts as rags, a form of recycling.
4. Go back to the bathrooms. Rub the sites difficult to clean with soap and water. Use an old toothbrush for corners, borders of drains and faucets. Wipe the surfaces where you used the disinfectant.
5. Sweep the house and then pass a cloth moistened with water, vinegar and a little bit of natural favorite essence. Your home will be scented and disinfected in a short time in a natural and healthy!